Panu Koppinen, director of foundry operations in Kyocera Tikitin is leading the firm towards global commercialization of its technologies. He has been on board for a good time now and is sure that the MEMS silicon resonator developer and forerunner is the next big thing going global from Finland. The start-up way of doing business with a great background from the Kyocera corporation is the key to great success.
Dr. Panu Koppinen is an enthusiastic person who wants to see Kyocera Tikitin’s story be told all over the world. As one of the first employees of Tikitin, he thinks that with the right attitude and team everything is possible.
– It is clear that our agility and velocity to have things done are our best enablers to enter the global market. We aim to be the dominant player in the global MEMS market, and everyone at Kyocera Tikitin carries this attitude with themselves.
This ambition to succeed can be heard when talking with Panu – and he speaks on behalf of the whole Kyocera Tikitin’s personnel.
– In this global market, billions of devices communicate and deliver data with one another, and the number is rising rapidly. We want that our technology is found from future gadgets, wearables, and self-driving cars, to mention only a few. With our ambitious and growing team and the right organizational culture, all this is nothing but possible.
Start-up culture with global corporation support means global dominance
Kyocera Tikitin is a part of the Japanese Kyocera Corporation. The support from the corporation is irreplaceable for Tikitin in their ambitious but realistic objective to be the world leader.
– We are a unique entity in Kyocera Corporation that unites the best practices from both worlds. The corporation support gives us resources to aim high and get things done.
Kyocera Corporation already has many global customers all over the world that helps also Tikitin to present ideas and to get to the same table as the big players. This all is possible with the right support and especially the right products for the fast-growing market of cellular devices, intelligent wearables, and future transportation.
Panu sees Kyocera Tikitin as a highly important part of the whole corporation. Even though Tikitin is still a relatively small part, they get recognition of their knowledge and strive to make the world smarter.
– For us, this is fantastic cooperation where both parties, Tikitin, and the corporation, can learn from each other. We bring new ways of thinking, doing business more effectively, and maybe new business opportunities and vice versa.
In rapid growth, everyone gets to effect on the business culture
The recruiting is active and the Kyocera Tikitin’s international team grows continually. New crew members join Tikitin non-stop, approximately 1-2 persons monthly. Panu sees this as an opportunity to get even closer to the goal as the new persons bring new ideas and competence to the firm. And everyone gets to get their voice out and in use for business development.
– All new team members get to take part in the organization’s development, and they are respected for it. We don’t leave anyone alone as we offer various tasks and opportunities to learn, develop and succeed individually and as a valuable member of the whole company.
In rapid growth, it is also very important to stay flexible and stay on top of the development wave. At Kyocera Tikitin one of the key values is the freedom of action – tasks are carried out with efficiency and with a good feeling, there are many ways to achieve mutual goals. Everyone is encouraged to try new ideas and working habits.
– No one is made sat down to one strictly limited task but rather encouraged to find their place, when they have the enthusiasm to develop and thrive.
Kyocera Tikitin grows fast, and their goal is clear – have the production scaled up to mass production and the products commercialized. This requires lots of talent but Panu along others sees that they are on the right path. More and more job openings are coming in the near future to make sure that Kyocera Tikitin will achieve their first goal just to set new ones to make history.
Got interested in working with us? See the open job positions here or send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org.